- Your “weakness.”
- The thing you believe you “suck at” or “isn’t who you are.”
- Tasks that drain your energy.
- Tasks that you scoff at whenever it comes time to do them.
- Perhaps you’ve experienced burnout based on this archetype.
- Or simply the role that you know is the least enjoyable, least aligned, and requires the most effort from you to complete.
The Dreaded 4th Archetype
By the end of this article, you will understand:
- The power of leaning into your 4th Archetype
- Shadows of the 4th Archetype: Burnout and Avoidance
- Actionable strategies for navigating your 4th archetype
How To Think About Your 4th Archetype
The five core things to remember about your Q4:
1. You never need to BE this archetype.
2. You can work to ACTIVATE and INTEGRATE this type and its skills.
3. Think of it as a long-term project.
4. There will always be resistance when you’re in the “suck” threshold.
5. Look at Q4 as your greatest teacher.
The Two Q4 Shadows To Be Aware Of
1. Avoidance (Underactive Q4)
It’s natural to avoid that which we are not great at–and actually, it’s common and recommended to spend most of your time as a solopreneur in your Q1 and Q2–especially at the beginning of your business. There are so many hurdles to jump over when starting your business, so spending time on tasks and activities that are easier for you provides momentum and forward motion. It’s actually quite common for entrepreneurs to build 6-figure businesses focusing solely on their first two quadrants–their class!
Think about it for yourself: did you spend most of your time in your Q1 + Q2 in the early stages? If you’re in the early stages–is that what you’re doing now?
The challenge comes when your business begins to require more from you.
Is Entrepreneur in Q4, but you need to really get your finances, data tracking, and systems on track? Your Q4 will signal that to you when things begin feeling overwhelming and unmanageable. Left unchecked, avoiding your Entrepreneur will ultimately leave you with many money and organization fires to put out until you spend the time focusing on solving that problem.
Is your Coach in Q4, but you’re noticing the influx of customer support and/or client issues, a lack of connection in your messaging, or a dissatisfied team? You’ll notice this mostly when the people in your business-verse feel dissatisfied. Left unchecked, people-problems will become the inflection point of whether or not your business fails or succeeds.
Is your Teacher in Q4, but you’re noticing you feel behind everyone else in your industry (expertise wise), or you’re repeating yourself over and over with your clients? Perhaps your audience needs more education on the topics you’re sharing before they feel ready to buy. Left unchecked, your brand may fall behind the ever-rising industry standards, and you’ll feel like you need to play catch up to keep up.
Is your Creator in your Q4, but you feel like you’re blending in with the crowd, struggling to access your specific voice? Perhaps it’s time to dive deeper and access more of your own authentic self-expression, bringing more of your full self online. Left unchecked, you may struggle with your brand differentiation in the market.
2. Burnout (Overactive Q4)
What To Do With Your Q4 (Actions / Strategies)
Three Strategies For Managing Your Q4 Archetype In Business
1. Learn/Seek Guidance → Mentorship
2. Outsource → Delegate or Hire
Summing It Up
Hopefully, you now feel more clear, energized, and inspired by how to utilize your Q4 within your business. Take these reframes and go execute!
If you want to dive deeper into building a custom-to-you 90-Day Business Plan based on your Archetype Breakdown, click here to grab the Archetype Clarity Plan Workshop; a 3-Part Video Series to help you create a clear plan for navigating business based on your Entrepreneurial Archetype Breakdown!